Why should you choose filtered water?
This was something 10 years I did not even think about. Why in the world would I need to filter water? It is just water.
Well it isn’t just water.
Both tap and bottled water have numerous organic and inorganic contaminants in them.
Exposure to these contaminants over time can weaken your immune system and cause cellular damage or even cell mutation (cancer).
Every day you make an assumption about the safety of the water you drink OR maybe you are like the me of 10 years ago and you don’t think about it. Whether that trust is well-placed, is the real question.
Demands for filtered water have never been greater!
The water quality we have may not always be in our best interest for our short or long-term health. Contaminants including heavy metals, chemicals such as chlorine, pesticides, bacteria, organic & in-organic compounds all can be present in our drinking water.
With water being vital to our health, we owe it to ourselves to try to drink water as pure as possible.
Ten Reasons To Filter Your Tap Water
1. Water filtration can provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine, chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals and bacterial contaminants.
2. Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
3. The purchase of a countertop filter results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than expensive bottled water and reduce toxic waste in the environment.
4. Water filters greatly reduce the risk of certain cancers including: rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts such as Trihalomethanes (THMs) from drinking water.
5. A carbon water filter can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking water.
6. Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health and energy.
7. A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
8. Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 80 percent by removing cryptosporidium, e-coli and giardia from drinking water.
9. Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
10. Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
Our family uses the Berkey water filter for our drinking and cooking water. We have the BIG berkey but I wish we would have gone with a bigger one.
And the CuZn Bath Ball to filter our bathwater.
Check out EWG’s guide to choosing the best water filter for our family.